Sunday, April 22, 2012

Re-Evaluated Priorities

Priorities. We all have them. 

Priorities are basically our personal list of things that are most important to us. And, as time passes, those priorities can change and often need to be re-evaluated. I recently re-evaluated my own priorities as winds of change blew into my life.

Change 1: I was able to quit my full-time job as a paralegal to stay home and take care of my husband and children. A dream seven years in the making.

Change 2: My son was accepted to pre-school and will start in August. That mommy tug-of-war is going on in my heart - so proud that my baby will be learning and growing but sad to let him go.

Change 3: I reapplied to college and will be starting classes in August as well. I am looking forward to finally finishing my teaching degree.

Change 4: My husband and I began plans to build a new home. This dream is requiring even more tightening of the purse strings.

Each of these changes brought about some re-evaluating on my part.  Obviously, the most important things to me are my hubby and our babies.


So, since I will be preparing my little boy for school, undertaking classes of my own and working on plans for the construction of a new home (and a tighter budget), I have decided to take a blogging sabbatical.  I plan to someday return to blogging and continue to help others gain control of their financial future and learn how to truly enjoy life. But, for now, I will be focusing on my own family and my own future.

I may post from time to time, but it will be sporadically.  And, I will entertain the idea of featuring guest writers so the blog can continue to grow.  If you or someone you know would be interested in "filling in" for me during my time away from writing, please e-mail me.

In the meantime, continue to mend the hole in your handbag and I will do the same.

Chasing the dream...
Lydia Lyn

2 comments:

  1. so happy for you and your family! it is wonderful that you are fulfilling your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your warm wishes. It means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...